Cultivating a good life and recording it are two very important things to Becky Higgins. Her blog offers inspiration in cultivating a good life. Her products offer a simple solution for HOW to record life.
1. What does DIY mean to you? TO me, DIY means to create. And we’re all creators. I really believe that. We all have the ability to make something new from other things, ideas, and inspiration around us.
2. How would you describe your crafting style?
I love simple. Not only in the process of creating something, but the result as well. Simplicity speaks to me. And colors that I love speak to me as well.
I work and play in the paper crafting and scrapbooking industry, so I find that I’m highly inspired when looking outside of the world that I live in breathe. For example – home decor!
4. We all know projects don’t always turn out in reality the way we envision them. Do you have any memorable crafting “fails”?
I’ve made plenty of projects that I ended up not really loving but I don’t consider any of them fails, honestly – because anything I have passed along to a friend who said, “I’ll take that!” has been valuable to someone else. No wasted efforts.
5. What are you up to when you’re not crafting?
Raising my family, dating my husband, running my business and home, and serving in my community.
6. What are your must-have craft-room essentials? Project Life® Photo Pocket Pages for my scrapbooks the the Project Life Journaling Pens! And it doesn’t hurt to have a little Washi tape on hand too! Essentials indeed.
7. What is the best crafting lesson you have learned?
Do it your way! Be inspired by what others are doing. Try new things. But at the end of the day, do what motivates you to actually DO your craft or hobby or project. That’s way better than thinking you’re supposed to do something a certain way and then not getting around to doing it at all!
8. How do you overcome creative blocks?
I take breaks. I’m a fan of breaks! If something isn’t coming together, I walk away and work on something else or play or rest or anything to switch gears. I always circle back to that task with a fresh perspective and renewed energy to get it done.
9. How do keep up with trends in the craft world?
My goal in life is not to keep up with trends. That’s not what drives me, personally. My goal is to always be thinking what I can do to simplify the process of scrapbooking for others and to continue being an innovator in that area. It’s my specialty and my passion.
10 We live in a society where convenience is king and everything is either a click or a short drive away. Why should people continue to make things by hand? There’s something incredibly therapeutic about creating something with our hands. Most of you reading this know that and I’m right there with you! Being able to look at something and say “I made that!” is so satisfying to our self-esteem and enjoyment in life.